Orcas Island Getaway FAQ
WHERE CAN WE FIND YOUR RESERVATION RATES AND AVAILABLE DATES?
- See our rates on the @Rosario listing or @Bracken Fern listing. Rates are dynamically updated in the quote module based on several factors including season, holidays, weekends and length of stay.
- Departure Cleaning Fee: $120 per stay (@Bracken Fern) and $150 per stay (@Rosario)
- Taxes: 10.1% Sales and Lodging Tax on stays 29 days or less
- Long-Term rentals (30+ days) are not subject to the 10.1% Sales and Lodging Tax.
- Damage Protection: $59 (covers up to $1,000 in accidental damage).
- As an alternative damage option, guests can choose a $350 refundable damage deposit.
- Pet Fee: +$75 for up to 2 dogs. Please read through our Pet Policy & Pricing for more details.
- Check-In: 4PM | Check-Out: 11AM
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS ON MULTI-NIGHT STAYS?
- Yes, we have discounts off the nightly rate starting at 5 consecutive nights and 10 consecutive nights. Rates are automatically updated in the quote module for each property.
Month-long rental are available October - April, but please contact us for details.
IS THERE A MINIMUM STAY LENGTH?
- We have a 2-night minimum stay at both properties with Orcas Island Getaway.
HOW IS CELL RECEPTION AND WI-FI?
- Most parts of the island (outside of the Ferry Landing and Eastound Village) tend to not have great cell reception, if any at all. Cell reception at our @ Bracken Fern location is strong with most carriers (since we're located just 1 mile from Eastound Village), however @ Rosario has very limited signal with Verizon and T-Mobile, and non-existent with AT&T. Both properties offer complimentary Wi-Fi for guest access.
DO YOU ACCEPT PETS?
- Orcas Island Getaway is a dog-friendly home. Please see our Pet Policy & Pricing for details for full details of our pet policy as we do have some requirements your dog must meet to be approved as a guest.
- Unfortunately, other pets, including cats, birds, snakes, bears and giraffes are not allowed, though we're sure they would enjoy spending time in the islands.
WHAT ARE YOUR RENTAL TERMS?
- Full details about our Terms & Conditions of rental can be found here.
WHEN IS PAYMENT DUE FOR RESERVATIONS?
Full payments are due at the time of booking. Bookings are confirmed and marked on the calendar with acceptance of our Terms & Conditions and completed payment of reservation dates.
If you are making a reservation more than six months in advance, contact us for the opportunity to split payments for your reservation.
HOW DOES YOUR DAMAGE PROTECTION OR DAMAGE DEPOSIT WORK?
Damage Protection: $59 Damage Protection for accidental damages up to $1,000.
- Damage Protection does NOT cover excess trash, theft, intentional abuse or damages caused by pets.
- Damages above $1,000 are the responsibility of the guest.
Damage Deposit: Alternatively, guests may choose to pay a $350 fully refundable Damage Deposit at the time of booking. Housekeeping provides us an update as soon as they arrive and inspect the property. We issue the refund same day as departure, and it typically takes 3-5 business days for the funds to post back to your account.
HOW DO WE GET TO ORCAS ISLAND?
Most people travel to Orcas Island on the Washington State Ferry system, departing Anacortes, WA Ferry Terminal. It's about a 60 minute sailing from Anacortes to Orcas Island, with some of the most spectacular scenery in the country! As the saying goes "Half the fun is just getting here!"
There are also two airlines with regularly scheduled service to Orcas Island:
HOW DO WE GET INTO THE HOUSE WHEN WE ARRIVE?
- We utilize a state-of-the-art keyless entry system for our vacation rental. Each guest will have a unique 10-digit code specific to their reservation. This code becomes activate at the start of the reservation & deactivates at departure dates/times. No more hassling with trying to meet up to provide keys for access or scheduling a time to drop keys off.
Come and go as you please with the ease of mind and the convenience of keyless entry.
DO YOU HAVE A WELCOME BOOK AT THE PROPERTY?
- Yes, we have a Welcome Book in the home, and we also make it available online about a week ahead of your reservation so you can become familiar with the various amenities and local attractions before you arrive - leaving more time to enjoy your stay once you get here.
HOW DO WE LEARN ABOUT DIFFERENT AMENITIES YOU OFFER?
- Take a look at each property profile page that has a thorough description of the home and amenities offered.
- Some of the things our guests have commented on include:
- Hot Tub
- Fully Stocked Kitchen including Starbucks Espresso Machine
- Excellent Entertainment Center with Streaming Media and audio
- Bluetooth Speakers for use
- Relaxing outdoor spaces
- Quality & Comfortable Furnishings
- Here is a link to some of the User Guides at Bracken Fern and
- Here is a link to some of the User Guides at Rosario
HOW UP-TO-DATE IS YOUR RESERVATION AVAILABILITY CALENDAR?
- The reservation calendar is updated as soon as we receive a confirmed booking. Reservations move to unavailable (booked) on the calendar upon receipt of:
- Completed Reservation Payments
- Completed Guest Registration and acceptance of our Terms & Conditions.
WILL WE BE WORKING DIRECTLY WITH THE OWNER OR A PROPERTY MANAGER?
You'll be working directly with the owners of Orcas Island Getaway... Hi, we're Todd & Lori.
- Some of the benefits of working directly with owners are that you'll have direct access to the ones that care the most about your stay.
- We also know the properties and area well, so we can give you 'insider details' to help make your trip memorable. We truly want to deliver an exceptional experience for you.
- Take a read through our reviews to see what you'll expect from working with us. Professional, friendly and prompt. That's our goal!
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL AFTER BOOKING? WHAT'S YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
- In case you need to cancel your reservation, if you're doing so at least 60 days before your contracted arrival date, you'll receive 100% refund of your total reservation.
Less than 60 days:
Reservations canceled within 60 days of reservation dates are not eligible for a refund for the nightly rates under any circumstance; however the Cleaning Fee and Damage Protection / Deposit will be returned to guests canceling within 60 days.
Are you familiar with Trip Insurance? Several companies offer this protection at an affordable rate, and www.insuremytrip.com offers the chance to compare several companies at once. We have no affiliation or marketing relationship with any of these companies - we just think it's a great idea for guests concerned about unforeseen circumstances. Remember, if you're not purchasing insurance for your trip, then you're self-insuring your trip.
IS ORCAS ISLAND GETAWAY LICENSED AND PERMITTED AS A VACATION RENTAL?
Yes, Orcas Island Getaway holds a Washington State Business License and a San Juan County Vacation Rental Permit and pays Sales & Lodging Tax.
Why is this important? (See this article "Crack down on illegal vacation rentals" in the Islands Sounder)
- Homes being offered as a vacation rental (also referred to as "short-term" or "transient" rentals) are considered commercial businesses.
- These businesses must be licensed, must carry commercial insurance (standard homeowners insurance does not cover vacation rental activity), and they must have the necessary permitting to operate as a vacation rental.
- Vacation Rentals must collect and remit sales and lodging taxes to the state/county for each guest as well.
- State and Local government agencies are taking a more aggressive stance towards properties that are not compliant. Guests booking at properties without the proper licenses and permits are putting themselves in a risky position if their property is issued a "cease operations" by the governing authorities.
Orcas Island Getaway @ Bracken Fern: Vacation Rental Permit # PCUP 00-14-0017
Orcas Island Getaway @ Rosario: Vacation Rental Permit # PCUP 00-17-0020
Washington State Business License is UBI# 602122287.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BE AWARE OF?
- Maximum Occupancy: We recommend
- Up to 4 guests at Orcas Island Getaway @Bracken Fern (6 max)
- Up to 6 guests at Orcas Island Getaway @Rosario (8 max)
Children (no matter the age) are considered a person when it comes to the maximum occupancy.
- Check-in: 4:00 P.M.
- Checkout: 11:00 A.M.
- To prepare the property for the next guests, we are often not able to accommodate early check-ins or late checkouts.
- Smoking & Pet Policy:
- We are strictly a Non-Smoking property
- Dogs are considered on a limited basis (please see our Pet Policy & Pricing for details, fees and inclusion to your rental agreement).
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We use an online payment processing that allows guests to complete payments securely online with major cards.
Hopefully, that covered just about everything. However, if you still have any questions, feel free to contact us or search our website using the search box above.
Orcas Island Getaway @ Rosario
Orcas Island Getaway @ Bracken Fern